In February 2011, the Scottish Goverment will introduce the new PVG membership scheme that will replace and improve upon the current disclosure arrangements for people who work with vulnerable groups.
The Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG Scheme), which delivers on the provisions outlined in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) (Scotland) Act 2007 will:
- help to ensure that those who have regular contact with children and protected adults through paid and unpaid work do not have a known history of harmful behaviour,
- be quick and easy to use, reducing the need for PVG Scheme members to complete a detailed application form every time a disclosure check is required,
- strike a balance between proportionate protection and robust regulation and make it easier for employers to determine who they should check to protect their client group.
In this issue:
- Additional training materials now available
- Countdown to PVG Scheme commencement
- Preparing to interact with the PVG Scheme
- The benefits of the PVG Scheme Record Update
- Recruitment of complex case advisory group members
- Migration of the Disqualified from Working with Children List
- Updates from the PVG Scheme help service and from the Central Registered Body in Scotland
- Advertising activities – posters now available