Step 1 – Nominate a lead person for your organisation
This person will be responsible for the enrolment process and will be the CRBS key contact.
Step 2 – Complete the enrolment application form
This process must be completed by the lead person either by:
- Requesting an enrolment pack to be sent – please click here to complete the enrolment request form, or
- Completing the enrolment form through our telephone enrolment service
It would be helpful if you had the following information to hand:
- Your organisations contact details
- Details about your organisation – funding and management structure
- Information about what your organisation does – what is its purpose?
- Details of the positions that require a disclosure record
- If you provide services for children or protected adults
- Your identification details – National Insurance number, passport number, drivers licence and 5 years address history.
Step 3 – Provide policy information
Every organisation enrolled with CRBS must have a secure handling, use and storage of Disclosure information policy. CRBS can provide you with a copy of this policy.
Step 4 – Provide information about your organisation
The following information is required to allow your organisation to become enrolled with CRBS:
- Organisations structure
- Funding details
- Purpose of your organisation
- The positions within your organisation that will require a dislosure record
Step 5 – Verification of Identity
Every lead person enrolling with CRBS must have their identification verified by a member of CRBS staff.
CRBS recommends for 3 types of identification to be provided by applicants when completing an enrolment form.
Verification of the identity of the lead person can be carried out either by:
- Visiting the CRBS offices, or by
- Using one of their approved trusted partner organisations – for more information click here
Where the lead person is able to travel to Stirling, members of the enrolment & assessment team are available to carry out identification of lead persons.